On the first day of Total Impact Boston, panelists focused on ESG and impact investing strategies across asset classes. The day started with a powerful statement from Ian Simmons quoting his co-founder and wife, Liesel Pritzker Simmons, “We don’t invest in products and companies that, when used properly, kill people.”Read More
On Day 2, in addition to continuing to explore strategies and emerging opportunities across asset classes and sectors, Total Impact Boston featured key Boston stakeholders, local impact success stories, and innovative place-based opportunities.Read More
We interviewed private wealth manager Jesse Clinton, who serves as Senior Partner and Managing Director of VERITAS Private Wealth Group at Snowden Lane. Jesse shares his insights about the ever evolving impact space, his personal interest in impact, and the tools and resources advisors should know.Read More
We believe the financial services industry has the tools to solve some of the world's biggest challenges. Total Impact is an event is for all investment advisors and wealth managers who want to gain actionable, executable information on impact investment and investors who are interested in aligning their portfolios with their social values.Read More
Tackling global poverty requires more than just charity. Investors can contribute to the effort—and find good sources of return potential—by focusing on companies that behave ethically or provide solutions to key poverty-related challenges.Read More
In the months leading up to Total Impact we will be interviewing key leaders in the space who have partnered with us to help grow the impact investing space through this event. This week we feature our conversation with John Morris, Managing Partner & Board Member of the SOCAP Group and a member of the Good Capital Project Design Lab.Read More
The Good Capital Project’s inaugural Total Impact event will convene April 26 and 27, 2018 at the Cira Centre in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The GCP (a SOCAP initiative) has invited impact investing pioneers and experienced practitioners including Jim Sorenson, Sorenson Impact Center; John Moore, Investors' Circle; Brian Trelstad, Bridges Fund Management; Veronica Olazabal, The Rockefeller Foundation; and others to share their expertise with Total Impact attendees.Read More
Stories about growing demand for impact investing abound, but there are too many soundbites about social impact that focus narrowly on a single enterprise. Unfortunately, even within the community dedicated to growing the impact investment space, too much emphasis has been placed on individual ventures or products. The Good Capital Project, a SOCAP initiative, heard loud and clear that more advisors and investors need a way to learn the broader taxonomy of the impact space.Read More
Thank you for your involvement with the Good Capital Project over the last several months. We deeply appreciate your time, interest, feedback, and ideas.
Our Grand Challenge design sessions, workshops, and one-on-one interactions with you, helped us identify and understand the critical challenges of the impact industry and their likely solutions. The GCP Design Lab is now advancing to the prototype stage wherein it will develop – in partnership and collaboration with other stakeholders – prototypes of initiatives to address some of these challenges.
Towards that goal, we are happy to announce our proposed capacity-building and field-building efforts.
Initiatives to develop human capital to
grow and strengthen the impact industry
- University Impact Portfolio Challenge: An annual 100% impact portfolio challenge for university students to compete and gain hands-on impact investing experience.
- Social Entrepreneur Launchpad: A comprehensive resource center for social entrepreneurs featuring standardized accelerator applications, templates for legal structures, local resources, best practices, and networking capabilities.
- Blended Finance Program: An educational program teaching new investment banking capabilities that blend innovations from development agencies and foundations with expertise from major financial institutions.
- Impact Advisory Program: An educational program for financial advisors to learn the fundamentals of impact investing.
Initiatives to establish key infrastructure to
support the growth of the impact ecosystem.
- Total Impact Conferences: More concerted, and focused convening efforts dedicated to practical education and advice for investors and advisors to adopt more socially responsible investment strategies. We are proud to launch the first Total Impact event this April!
- The Impact Innovation Awards: An annual awards event celebrating deals that exemplify impact principles across sectors, asset classes, and geographies.
- The Impact Intermediary Initiative: A feasibility project focused on designing an impact-dedicated financial intermediary at scale.
- SDG Product & Distribution Design: A feasibility project focused on designing investment vehicles aligned with the SDGs.
To enable these initiatives, the GCP Design Lab is actively engaging with stakeholders across the spectrum. If you or your organization would like to share your insights or partner with us on these proposed initiatives, please get in touch by emailing Sharadiya Dasgupta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your continued involvement as we move ahead.
Thank you very much for joining forces with us in our endeavor to drive more capital towards purpose-driven investments!